Youth Excellence Seminar
Get ready for the Bank of America Youth Excellence Seminar July 11 to 13, 2017, in Amarillo, Texas.
What is YES?
The 2017 Bank of America Youth Excellence Seminar (YES) will be held July 11-13, 2017, in Amarillo, Texas. YES welcomes AQHYA members and nonmembers, ages 10 to 18, to experience this three-day, fun-packed event that offers valuable leadership skills, inspiring speakers and tons of fun.
Read about the 2017-18 AQHYA Director and Officer Candidates in their biographies.
- Anyone can attend—current AQHYA members and nonmembers
- Youth attend interactive sessions designed to develop and teach leadership skills
- Each day features new speakers presenting topics related to the equine industry
- Five AQHYA officers will be elected—president, first vice president, second vice president, member and member
- Regional directors will be elected—AQHYA has 11 regions; each region elects three AQHYA members as directors
Registration Fees and Deadlines
- $110.00 if registered by June 1, 2017, as a current AQHYA or AQHA member.
- $125.00 if registered by June 1, 2017, as a non-AQHYA or AQHA member.
- Registrations accepted after June 1, 2017, will require a $25.00 late fee and are subject to availability.
- YES registration fees include meals.
- Holiday Inn West Medical - 8231 W. Amarillo Blvd., Amarillo, TX 79124, 806-322-4777 – $109, breakfast included, Reserve your room by June 23rd
- Springhill Suites - 2301 Cinema Drive, Amarillo, TX 79124, 806-381-3400 - $119-$129, breakfast included, Reserve your romm by June 23rd
- Home2 Suites by Hilton - 8251 W. Amarillo Blvd., Amarillo, TX 79124, 806-803-7777 - $129, breakfast included, Reserve your room by June 19th
- My Place - 2208 Cinema Drive, Amarillo, TX, 79124, 806-803-9501 - $85, Reserve room by June 10th
Wrangler ASPIRE Award
The Wrangler ASPIRE Award is a $1,000.00 award provided by Wrangler for an AQHYA member who excels in leadership and service. The award assists in developing and improving scholarship, leadership and community interest, and participation of young horsemen. The award will be presented at the Youth Excellence Seminar.
Download HERE! Wrangler ASPIRE Award
Contact the youth department at 806-376-4811.
Thank you to our sponsors!